Cambodian Teaching Program Book

Where in Cambodia will I be?

You’ll be living in the town of Siem Reap and working in a nearby village.  


The Apartment.

You live in an air-conditioned apartment with two bedrooms and two bathrooms. There is free wifi. There may be other teachers there. All bedding is provided.  The apartment is in the centre of town and you are near the restaurant and market area.
The School.

You teach in a village that’s located about 30 minutes from the city, near the remains of Angkor and travel back and forth each weekday by tuk-tuk, which we arrange.

The Airport.

We will be there to meet you at Siem Reap airport and make sure you get to the airport on the final day of program.  

What will my day be like?

You’ll travel by tuk tuk from your apartment to the village school.  Classes are run Monday – Friday every morning, afternoon and evening. You’ll be involved in the morning and afternoon sessions.

Your volunteer placement is for a minimum of four weeks. 


Other Activities in Siem Reap

  • You can visit Angkor Wat, and see the incredible temples. Did you know that Ta Prohm was featured in the movie, Tomb Raider? 

  • You’ll want to visit the Old Market, which offers fabulous street food and clothing.  

  • Take classes in Khmer and cooking. Imagine your friends’ surprise when you come home and demonstrate Apsara dancing for them!

  • Or you can take a break for a relaxing massage!



No visit to Siem Reap would be complete without a stop at the great lake of Tonlé Sap, the largest freshwater lake in Southeast Asia. 



Academic Credits 
If you are currently a professional teacher or enrolled in a Teacher Education course the school placement and teaching opportunity may contribute towards your annual professional development or student placement requirements.

Comments from previous teachers.

“What I enjoyed about the teaching program was the flexibility that we were given to be able plan lessons and the opportunity to interact with the teachers and students through the various activities that the school provided. The program gave me more than what I had expected. It challenged me both mentally and emotionally (both a positive) and has shown me my inner strength and what I am capable of.” – Siu 

“I really loved meeting everyone at the village and making so many new friends. After a month with everyone, you feel like a tight-knit family. Most memorable part would be seeing the students able to put what you've taught them into practice and also their smiling faces every day! I think what we did helped them build the foundation of starting to read which was one of our goals.” – Jancy 

“The school had very high expectations for us but we worked it all out. Dancing with the children and cooking with the teachers were the most memorable bits. A month was not enough. I think the teachers learned a lot from us and we gave them lots of resources to use.” – Emily 

The program was amazing. I found it was really well organized and I always felt safe. 
-Kadie – Rose 
I enjoyed every part of the program, but in particular I enjoyed interacting with the Children and adults at the Village. I wasn't sure what to expect from the program but the experience was beyond my wildest dreams. 
-Astrid 

DO IT! One of the best and most rewarding experiences of my life. 
-Robin 

I had such an amazing and life changing experience on this trip, it was even better than I imaged it to be. I absolutely fell in love with everyone in the village and I had such a hard time saying goodbye -Nicole 

No comments:

Post a Comment